Super breathable, comfy and stylish, The Elsewhere Co.'s reusable face masks are made from sustainable hand-loomed silk left over from their favourite past collections. They've done their research and as no two faces are alike, they’ve chosen a comfortable unstructured design that can be easily adjusted for a more personalised fit.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a fabric face covering for personal use and is NOT a medical grade PPE mask. It is for personal use and is not intended for use by health care professionals or for use in hospitals or health care facilities.
How to Fit Your Mask
No two faces are the same. That’s why the style of this mask is unstructured and therefore easier to adjust for a more personalised fit. You will need to adjust the mask when you first put it on as follows:
- Firmly pull the elastic ear loops, outwards, to form tight gathers in the fabric at each side of the mask.
- Re-knot the elastic as required, ensuring the mask sits firmly on the face. Tuck the elastic knot into the fabric seam using a bobby-pin or paper clip.
- If the mask does not feel secure enough on your face or gapes at the sides, keep tightening the elastic loops until you achieve a firm fit.
- The mask must cover your mouth, nose and chin.
- For a more personalised fit around the chin you can choose to tuck the fabric to create a chin dart with just a few stitches.
- Wash your mask before the first wear.
- For optimum hygiene wash your mask after each use.
- Warm hand wash (60 degrees) with a delicate detergent for longevity.
- Air dry, ideally in the sun until completely dry.
- Iron front and back on a silk setting (being careful not to iron the elastic).
- Treat your mask with care - do not soak for extended periods of time or tumble dry.
- The fabric layers will continue to soften with every wash.
- Free standard tracked shipping (1-5 business days)
- $12 express tracked shipping to select areas (1-2 business days)
- Dispatched same day if order is placed before midday on a weekday Australian Eastern time.
- Free standard tracked shipping (4-6 business days)
- $20 standard tracked shipping (6-15 business days)
- Please note: International orders may attract customs duties and taxes when they arrive. As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to. Please check any import fees with your local customs authority prior to placing an order.
About The Elsewhere Co.
The Elsewhere Co.'s vision is to inspire independent freedom seekers around the world to escape the everyday. With a strong design ethos that rejects all that is ordinary, lacklustre and thoughtlessly produced (because quite frankly the world has seen enough of this!), The Elsewhere Co. offers truly original fashion and lifestyle accessories that are exceptional in their ability to balance contrasts - luxurious yet sustainable, practical yet beautiful, timeless yet unapologetically bold.
They’re a small family business based in Melbourne and are proudly Australian designed and independently owned. They personally design each collection and believe in design that’s extraordinary, original and sustainable. Their upcycled leather wallets are a world-first design.
Sustainability is a key focus for the label, with innovative use of upcycled, sustainable and artisan materials at the heart of their design philosophy. they’re committed to producing luxury accessories with a positive environmental and social impact. Their pieces are designed with quality and longevity in mind. They are thoughtful in the quantities they produce and will always use natural materials and fabrics when possible.
The Elsewhere Co. use premium RCS 100 certified upcycled leather, an innovative new material, which minimises waste and has low environmental impact. It is proudly sustainable, yet retains the beautiful look and feel of traditional leather. Upcycled leather directly saves large volumes of waste from reaching landfill and the production process itself creates zero manufacturing material waste.
They have already saved approximately 148kg of leather waste and 32kg of cotton waste from reaching landfill!
Their packaging is sustainable, uses zero plastic and they deliver via a carbon neutral shipping service.
As part of their recycling program, they'll take back the products at end-of-life, to be repaired as second-hand items, disassembled for recycling or re-made into something new.
They're committed to working with suppliers that share their ethical, transparent and sustainable values. Their upcycled leather accessories are crafted in Guangdong Province, China. The factory is ISO 14001 and Sedex certified, demonstrating responsible environmental management, ethical working conditions and a living wage.
The silk jewellery rolls are artisan-produced in very small qualities in Cambodia. The Elsewhere Co. work closely with a grassroots silk supplier operating to fair trade principles who work directly with artisan weavers. Silk weaving provides essential skilled employment and empowerment, enabling women to weave from home and maintain their traditional family life rather than emigrating to cities in search of work.
For every sale made, The Elsewhere Co. donate $1 to Greening Australia to support their revegetation work in places like The Great Barrier Reef, Tasmania's Island Ark and their nationwide bushfire recovery program.