Ritology Product Information
Ingredients for the 3-in-1 Fresh Cleansing Bar
Saponified oils (Olive, Coconut, Shea Butter, Cacao Butter, Macadamia, Castor), Essential Oils (Lemon Scented Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lavender), Rhassoul clay and Brazilian clay.
How to use the Body Shaper Gua Sha for a relaxing facial and body massage.
Studies have seen an up to 400% boost in circulation with frequent Gua Sha use. The hands-on massage helps release built up tension and applies controlled trauma to the skin which fuels a quick repair by making new collagen. Collagen is a must needed skin protein that promotes elasticity and compels are plump youthful look.
The Body Shaper is suitable to use on face, body and scalp. It's recommended to use with water, oil, serum or your favourite moisturiser. Ensure to use LIGHT pressure, simply letting the Gua Sha glide along the skin.
- For the Face, using the curved edge to your face, glide it gently up and out starting with the neck, jaw, chin and around the mouth. Use short strokes in the same direction, going over each area 3-5 times with a pause at the end of each stroke. Finish with a big sweep, from the centre of your forehead, under your hairline, down and over your temple to your ear and then down the side of the neck to the terminus area. Note: Remember the eyes are a delicate area, so do not pull or drag around the eye, simply glide slowly or simply soothe and de-puff.
- To soothe and de-puff the eyes, press the Body Shaper flat to the skin under the eyes for a few seconds.
- To relieve tension headaches, work the tool in small horizontal strokes over the brow bone to lift, or hold and press upwards between the brows. Repeat each stroke 3-5 times per area.
- When treating the neck, or finishing your Gua Sha facial, always end by stroking downwards starting at the hair line and working towards the shoulders. This is dumping the lymph collected.
- For the legs, starting at the ankles, move the Gua Sha upwards towards the knee, working clockwise around the leg. Then proceed to do the same for the thigh using your desired pressure. Repeat each stroke 3-5 times per area.
- When treating the back and chest, start at the centre and pull outwards either towards the hips or armpits using the curved edge. Repeat each stroke 3-5 times per area.
- Use light pressure to reduce puffiness and more firmly to relax muscles and relieve tension. Always use light pressure in delicate areas ensuring not to pull or drag the skin.
- Simply clean with soap and water before and after use.
There are many tutorials and talk about rules when it comes to using Gua Sha tools for the optimal results, however please don’t over think it. There’s no necessarily wrong way of doing it. Do what feels good for you.
Benefits of Gua Sha
This easy to use tool has taken the beauty world by storm and here’s why.
Performing a morning light facial massage promotes blood circulation and lymph-drainage which helps de-puff the face in the morning and stimulates skin rejuvenation. The low-cost handheld treatment is extremely effective in tightening the skin when used in conjunction with your morning moisturiser or serum. The Gua Sha technique will help push product into the skin and promote long lasting effects of hydration.
Why should you use a Gua Sha?
- Tension Relief
With daily stress, we hold a lot of tension in our face, neck and shoulders. Using deep pressure with a Gua Sha, you can release the pressure points and muscular tension. This practice has been used for years to break down scar tissue and connective tissue, improving movement in the joints. Added bonus, by regularly relaxing facial muscles we are also preventing expression lines.
By stroking the skin with the Gua Sha, you can move the lymph, break up scar tissue, release lactic acid from the muscles and any congestion. Simply rub along the skin starting at the feet always working towards the heart. Facial Gua Sha is a wonderful way to promote lymphatic drainage out of the face and neck.
- All Natural Facelift
With regular use, the Gua Sha can help lift, sculpt and tighten the skin. By increasing blood flow, the Gua Sha oxygenates and carries nutrients to the skin cells helping to prevent the signs of aging.
- Grounding ritual
There is nothing more relaxing then the gentle touch of the Gua Sha tracing the skin. Calming the mind, relaxing the muscles, all while grounding the body providing us with a sense of calm, self-awareness and clarity.
- Glowing Skin
The Gua Sha increases circulation and blood flow all while improving lymphatic drainage therefore works wonders for preventing acne, decongesting the skin and reducing inflammation. But if you add your favourite serums or moisturiser when in use, you are allowing your serums to penetrate better meaning you’re getting the most out of your skin care ritual.